General Issues on Immigration

In the United States of America, immigration reform is a term widely used to describe proposals to maintain or increase legal immigration while decreasing illegal immigration, such as the guest worker proposal supported by President George W. Bush, and the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization or “Gang of Eight” bill which passed the U.S. Senate in June 2013. Illegal immigration is an extremely controversial issue in the United States that has received a lot of attention in recent decades without any forward action in response to the issue.In the past, proposed comprehensive immigration reform plan had bipartisan support as one of its goals, and included six sections designed to have “something for everyone”. These six sections were:

  1. To fix border enforcement.
  2. Strong “interior enforcement”, such as preventing visa overstays, and similar violations.
  3. Preventing people from working without a work permit.
  4. Creating a committee to adapt the number of visas available to changing economic times.
  5. A program to provide a path to legal status for illegal immigrants.
  6. Programs to help immigrants adjust to life in the United States.

Birth Right Question

The Fourteenth Amendment reads- “All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

You know there is a huge battle in America on this issue. You are part of that battle even if you do not want to be. So how does it affect YOU in the 2nd District? The facts are that illegal immigrants intentionally come to America just to have their babies so they are automatically legal American citizens (called birthrights) under a very old law/policy. But why is that problem for the 2nd District and YOU?

Once the new born child is declared a legal citizen the case is made to allow all of the mother and various relatives be allowed to come to and stay in America too. Basically “Family-Based Immigrant” Visas. “Chain migration” — officially known as “family reunification” under federal law — is the process by which green card holders or legal U.S. residents may sponsor a family member for immigration to the United States. (Wikipedia)

The practice of giving automatic citizenship to everyone except for children of diplomats has created a magnet for foreign nationals who want their children to have U.S. citizenship and spawned creation of a cottage industry devoted to helping pregnant “tourists” illicitly enter this country for the purpose of giving birth.
In 2010, “there were 4.5 million U.S.-born children whose parents were unauthorized [illegal],” according to the Pew Hispanic Center (Pew Hispanic Research Trends Project, “A Nation of Immigrants: A Portion of the 40 Million, Including 11 Million Unauthorized,” Pew Hispanic Center, Jan. 29, 2013.) The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) has estimated that nearly 200,000 children are born annually “to foreign women admitted as visitors, that is, tourists, students, guest workers, and other non-immigrant categories.”

Eight percent of all U.S. births (approximately 350,000 a year) come from at least one illegal-alien parent, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. (source-


This is a serious situation in the 2nd District for you. Illegal immigration for the purpose of having children here in the 2nd District is expensive to YOU and each tax paying 2nd District citizen. Those illegal mothers and family receive FREE medical services when they come here illegally. Those illegal mothers and their new born children often receive better care than YOU do and it is ALL FREE to them. Is that fair to YOU? I do not think it is in any way!

Compassion is necessary for the unborn and we all have that. I do for sure. But this effort to have illegal children here is now big business. Big business found the loop holes and now exploit them and make money using them to bring mothers to the 2nd District so they can have their babies at our expense. The big business exploiters charge tens of thousands of dollars to bring these mothers here to the 2nd District and America. They DO NOT pay any taxes to support those births either.

For more see

If this is to continue and be supported by the federal government then the 2nd District and all of YOU must be assured that the cost will be covered by the federal government. The federal government must acknowledge and pay for the loss of jobs to illegal immigrants (the families) who may be willing to work for lower wages in the 2nd District. The federal government must pay for the increased crime and the cost of addressing that crime too.

If those that want the current policy to continue as is then they MUST be willing to pay for all of the expenses YOU in the 2nd District will incur. That is only fair.

The best answer is to update this very very old policy of ‘birth right’ and “chain migration” as allowed by the 14th Amendment. Allow the executive branch to redefine just how this policy is work and better protect all of us in the 2nd District! The new definition must be fair and compassionate for everyone too! The 2nd District citizens (you) must agree with the new policies too!

Catch and Release

“I am 100% against the so called ‘catch and release’ program and practice that is currently being used. This policy is dictated by current U.S. Laws and is wrong. Under the law the U.S. Border Patrol is forced to use this program. It is time to change the law.”


“These masses of alien people are the result of the encouragement of friends, family, human traffickers, criminals and the current policies and conditions on our borders. There have been decades of “lack of attention” on the borders and our borders have been easy to penetrate. It is important to note that it is unclear how the mass of aliens were organized and funded. Hmmmmm. As long as the word is out that our borders are easy to cross and aliens can dissolve into America never to be seen again these large groups will continue to come.

Technology on the Border

  1. “Technology means drones, cameras, trip wires, night vison equipment, monitoring devices, airplanes, helicopters, and similar to me. I live 60 miles from the border and worked on the border for 10 years while with the USDA and I have seen the technology now in place and it is extensive.
  2. While very useful, technology is over rated when it comes to people sneaking and running across the border either north or south. Unless the boots on the ground Border Patrol Officers are with in a very short distance from the illegal crossers of the border the ‘chase is on’! Officers will have to rush to the point of crossing and begin tracking the violators through the terrain.
  3. I have personally watched, while on the job, as a group of violators vanished into the underbrush in southern Arizona while no less than 4 trucks of Officers and a helicopter tried their best to find them. They never did and I was within one mile of them back in the brush myself. In fact I am the one that called it in when I saw the group of about 10 to 15 violators traveling on a well-used trail near me.
  4. To me it takes all of methods of deterrents, lots of technology, and many boots on the ground to properly secure our borders. Deterrents mean good understandable and enforceable immigration laws, fast processing of applications, swift prosecution of violators, and proper humane holding facilities.”

The Wall

This means some type of barrier like a physical wall or fence that is a sufficient deterrent to stop anyone or anything from entering an area for whatever reason for the protection of the area attempting to be entered OR for the protection of those trying to enter an area.

  1. “Walls work all across America! Millions of homes, business, public buildings, public and private property, air fields, schools, highways, bridges, and more all use some type of barrier to keep trespassers or dangers out successfully each day. Using a physical WALL reduces the amount of ‘boots on the ground’ patrolling requirements. The WALL will save money in the long run. A WALL is safer, intimidating, and a good deterrent too. A good WALL will save lives in the long run.
  2. As long as America has easy access points on the borders violators will continue to use them. Much of Cochise Counties southern border is just 3 or 4 strains on a barbwire fence. Not much of a deterrent! Modern updated barriers’ are necessary to stop this penetration by unknown people.”
  3. Is a Wall immoral? “Not in any way and actually not having solid deterrents like a well-built Wall is immoral.”im·mor·al – i(m)ˈmôrəl – adjective
    Immoral-“Not conforming to accepted standards of morality; an immoral and unwinnable war.”
    Unethical, bad, morally wrong, wrongful, wicked, evil, foul, unprincipled, unscrupulous, dishonorable, dishonest, unconscionable, iniquitous, disreputable, corrupt, depraved, vile, villainous, nefarious, base, miscreant; sinful, godless, impure, unchaste, unvirtuous, shameless, degenerate, debased, debauched, dissolute, reprobate, lewd, obscene, perverse, perverted; licentious, wanton, promiscuous, loose.Synonyms:
    Informal, shady, lowdown, crooked, sleazy.
    “The legality of the fugitive slave laws does not alter the fact that they were deeply immoral.”


“This needs lots of work but can work and benefit both the aliens described and America. It is a worthwhile effort”.The DREAM Act (acronym for Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act) is an American legislative proposal for a multi-phase process for qualifying alien minors in the United States that would first grant conditional residency and, upon meeting further qualifications, permanent residency. The beneficiaries of the proposed DREAM Act would have had to meet the following requirements to qualify:

  1. Be inadmissible or deportable from the United States, or be in Temporary Protected Status (Sec. 3(b)(1)).
  2. They were younger than 18 years old on the date of their initial entry to the United States
  3. Have proof of having arrived in the United States before age 16[4] (Dream Act of 2017, S.1615, Sec.3(b)(1)(B), and HR3440, Sec.3(b)(1)(B)).[5][6]
  4. Have proof of residence in the United States for at least four consecutive years since their date of arrival
  5. If a male born in 1960 or later, have registered with the Selective Service
  6. Be between the ages of 12 and 35 at the time of bill enactment
  7. Have graduated from an American high school, obtained a GED, or been admitted to an institution of higher education
  8. Be of good moral character

The bill was first introduced in the Senate on August 1, 2001, S. 1291 by United States Senators Dick Durbin (D- Illinois) and Orrin Hatch (R- Utah), and has since been reintroduced several times but has failed to pass. (Wikipedia)

On June 15, 2012, President Barack Obama announced that his administration would stop deporting undocumented immigrants who match certain criteria included in the proposed DREAM Act. On August 15, 2012, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) began accepting applications under the Obama administration’s new Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. Thousands applied for the new program. Because DACA was designed in large measure to address the immigration status of the same people as the DREAM Act, the two programs are often debated together, with some making little distinction between them and others focusing on the difference between the DREAM Act’s legislative approaches in contrast to the implementation of DACA through executive action. As of January 2017, 740,000 people have registered through DACA. On September 5, 2017 the Trump administration rescinded the program. (Wikipedia)


The official definition is;n“A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it.”

The United States recognizes the right of asylum for individuals as specified by international and federal law.[1] A specified number of legally defined refugees who either apply for asylum from inside the U.S. or apply for refugee status from outside the U.S., are admitted annually. Refugees compose about one-tenth of the total annual immigration to the United States, though some large refugee populations are very prominent. Since World War II, more refugees have found homes in the U.S. than any other nation and more than two million refugees have arrived in the U.S. since 1980. In the years 2005 through 2007, the number of asylum seekers accepted into the U.S. was about 40,000 per year. This compared with about 30,000 per year in the UK and 25,000 in Canada. The U.S. accounted for about 10% of all asylum-seeker acceptances in the OECD countries in 1998-2007.[2] The United States is by far the most populous OECD country and receives fewer than the average number of refugees per capita: In 2010-14 (before the massive migrant surge in Europe in 2015) it ranked 28 of 43 industrialized countries reviewed by UNHCR.

Asylum has two basic requirements. First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.[4] Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group. (Wikipedia)

As of; 12/27/2018 1 taken from Wikipedia

“America depends on and needs continuous legal immigration to support its economy and to continue its reputation and practice as a humanitarian caring Country. Today our rules and regulations require updating just like so many other practices and policies require in our government. Our asylum polices should be very very clear, openly circulated thorough out the world, and must be firmly enforced for all trying to use asylum.

We should encourage asylum seekers to apply in their home country at our official embassy. Our embassy staff must be well trained on the policies, the process, and be required to conclude quickly AT the embassy. This may require humane holding facilities being built at the embassy. We must recognize the dangers of offering false hope to asylum seekers and encouraging them to travel to our border rather than go to our embassy.”

Work Permits

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services-
Many people want to come to the United States to work. To work in the United States, you must have one of the following:

  • A Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card),
  • An Employment Authorization Document (work permit), or
  • An employment-related visa which allows you to work for a particular employer.

Each of the documents listed above has different application requirements. To apply for one of the documents above, you must meet different requirements. If your application is approved, the conditions you must meet and how long you can work in the United States will depend on whether you receive a Green Card, work permit, or visa. It is important that you adhere to all the conditions of your particular work authorization. If you violate any of the conditions, you could be removed from or denied reentry into the United States.

  • Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Worker
    A temporary worker is an individual seeking to enter the United States temporarily for a specific purpose. Nonimmigrants enter the United States for a temporary period of time, and once in the United States, are restricted to the activity or reason for which their nonimmigrant visa was issued.
  • Permanent (Immigrant) Worker
    A permanent worker is an individual who is authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.
  • Students and Exchange Visitors
    Students and exchange visitors may, under certain circumstances, be allowed to work in the United States. They must obtain permission from an authorized official at their school. The authorized official is known as a Designed School Official (DSO) for students and the Responsible Officer (RO) for exchange visitors.
  • Temporary Visitors For Business
    To visit the United States for business purposes you will need to obtain a visa as a temporary visitor for business (B-1 visa), unless you qualify for admission without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. For more information on the topics above, select the category related to your situation to the left.

Student Visa

The description of this comes from the U.S. Department of State.
Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. You must have a student visa to study in the United States. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine whether you need an F visa or an M visa.

To enter the United States to attend: You need the following visa category:
University or college F
High School F
Private elementary school F
Seminary F
Conservatory F
Another academic institution, including a language training program F
Vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution, other than a language training program M

Students cannot travel on the Visa Waiver Program or with Visitor Visas
A student visa (F or M) is required to study in the United States. Foreign nationals may not study after entering on a visitor (B) visa or through the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), except to undertake recreational study (non-credit) as part of a tourist visit. For more information on the VWP, see Visa Waiver Program.

For short periods of recreational study, a Visitor (B) visa may be appropriate
A visitor (B) visa permits enrollment in a short recreational course of study, which is not for credit toward a degree or academic certificate. Learn more about Visitor Visas.

Study leading to a U.S. conferred degree or certificate is never permitted on a visitor (B) visa, even if it is for a short duration. For example, a student in a distance learning program that requires a period of time on the institution’s U.S. campus must obtain a student (F or M) visa prior to entering the United States.

Student Acceptance at a SEVP Approved School
The first step is to apply to a SEVP-approved school in the United States. After the SEVP-approved school accepts your enrollment, you will be registered for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. The SEVP-approved school will issue you a Form I-20. After you receive the Form I-20 and register in SEVIS, you may apply at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for a student (F or M) visa. You must present the Form I-20 to the consular officer when you attend your visa interview.

If your spouse and/or children intend to live with you in the United States while you study, they must also enroll in SEVIS, obtain individual Form I-20s from the SEVP-approved school, and apply for a visa (but they do not pay the SEVIS fee).

Visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) website to learn more about SEVIS and the SEVIS I-901 Fee.

Visit the Department of State EducationUSA website to learn about educational opportunities for undergraduate and graduate study, and an overview of the application process. You can also visit the DHS Study in the States school search page to search for SEVP-certified schools.


Specific Issues;

  • Tucson’s specific issues- (map and pictures of Tucson)
  • Cochise Counties specific Issues- (Map of Cochise County)
  • 2nd Districts Infrastructure- (Show map of the 2nd District of Arizona)
  • Roads
  • Bridges- (pictures of bad roads and bridges)